To me, a great father is:
- Someone who is transparent: Not afraid to show his real self.
- One that says 'sorry' to his kids when he knows he's wrong or reacted the wrong way.
- One that doesn't consider it babysitting when he's with the kids while mom is out.
- Quick to give his son/daughter a hug (even a kiss!), not just a handshake or awkward side-hug
- One who reads and plays to his children
- One who shows his integrity by saying 'please' and 'thank you' to strangers
- One who treats his kid's mom with respect and kindness
- One who is honest
- One who protects physically and emotionally
- One who builds his family up with words of encouragement
- One who recognizes his kid's strengths and challenges them to strive for more
- One who puts down the gadgets and looks his kids in the eyes
- One whose goal in life is to be his kid's hero.
I can confidently say that Chris is all of these things, and so much more! He is the perfect dad to our kid(s). I couldn't ask for anything more! Happy Father's Day, Christopher Doucette. You deserve it.