Saturday, June 16, 2012

Patience, patience.

Flicker
I must say, I have to laugh at myself. This morning, I woke up in a relatively great mood. Not singing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs happy, but not on any kind of warpath either. Somewhere right in the middle. Juuuust right.

During a breakfast bible-prayer sesh I asked for two things:
1. help with patience
2. to be challenged
And some other stuff but that's not relevant.

While I'm not regretting asking for this, per se, I have to laugh at myself. What did I expect? For my kid to do what I ask the first time? To not suddenly adapt a general sour mood and magically be World's Most Patient Mother? To get a parking spot at the mall right next to the entrance in the pouring rain? To not drop my coffee getting out of the car, splashing it on the seat? For someone to not walk in to me? (the opposite of all of these things happened, by the by)

It don't work like that, honey.

I asked for help excersizing patience and a challenge, and this is exactly what I got. Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it. Especially if it's something that you obviously need to work on. I can't say I passed this challenge with flying colours, but the day's not over yet!

Lord, help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment